Monday, May 10, 2010

Nascar Date

Well I finally got to surprise Jeff myself! Even though I ended up telling him about the date Saturday morning (for Sat night).... he kind of guessed it. He kept "mentioning" how Nascar was on at 8pm but he was still excited for whatever our date was going to be. So I ended up telling him that my plan was for the Nascar date I had seen someone else on here post!

I did leave a few surprises for him still, but the way it went was that we had a cooler in between us (in the living room) with some PBR & Busch Light........Grilled Italian sausage with sauteed onions & peppers. Then soft pretzels with dipping cheese, and my other idea was to make those chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches.

I had failed to make or buy the cookies though, so Jeff suggested himself that we make them together & put the race on hold! I could NOT believe that since we have never made cookies or anything like that together! But I was very pleased!! It was so much fun doing that together, we definately have more baking dates in our future.

We also had so much fun actually sitting down to watch the race together (eg. me not doing Anything else) and just talking "nascar" in nascar voices!! It was just like it was before kids-i ask Jeff tons of questions about Nascar & we just sit & watch it together! Of course we didn't make it all the way through the race & called it a night around 11pm (way later than we would have stayed up otherwise).... and got to watch the rest in the morning- thank you dvr!!

Oh yeah! I did make us wear our Nascar hats too! It was one of the best dates yet!!
Jeff was SOO excited all day for this date I have not seen him this happy in a while! He would definately Love this date again! I do have a few other surprises up my sleeve for him this month though!

5 comments:

  1. My husband is a fan of car racing too. I use to sit down (pre-kids) and "watch" with him but we rarely do that now. Sounds like a successful date all round though. Nascar and baking. Good combination if you ask me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a racing fan, but that is so sweet that you guys took the time to do some pre-kid stuff. sounds like fun. Sometimes we give a little and they give a little back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun date and I'm not even a Nascar fan :D I might use the idea for a baseball game though. I think my hubby would really appreciate the pretzels and cheese sauce idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww. you two are so cute. i'm not a nascar fan. and my husband isn't either. but i could use this idea for something techie because my husband is a tech junkie. :) thanks for sharing!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! the effort you put into that date. how fun. and that ice cream sandwich looks delicious! thanks for sharing!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete